Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thrifty Thursday, another Peacock

I stopped by a thrift store yesterday and found this peacock! It was only $2, and it meant to hang on the wall. I think I may paint it white.
I also picked up a pile of zippers and bias tape for upcoming projects I've been meaning to get to. They were 3 for $1.
And my favorite, another pile of silver flatware. Most of them are monogrammed, and a few are really pretty serving pieces. They are all very tarnished, and some have silverplate loss, but I don't mind.

Linking up to Thrifty Thursday hosted by Tales from Bloggeritaville!

8 comments:

  1. Great finds ... what will you do with the spoons. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on painting the Peacock white. I think it would look really pretty! Great finds all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd stop by and say hi.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You needed that peacock! Perfect! My thrift doesnt carry good flatware for some reason. I collect monogrammed pieces. I am glad you got some good ones! What great thrifty treasures you have shared today! Thanks for linking up, my friend!
    Hugs!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to meet you!. I love your Blog name..What great finds. I have to agree my favorite is the flatware as well. Would love to have a thrift store with those kinds of treasures around here. Thanks for swinging by my blog and saying hello. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    What fabulous finds! The flatware is great. It will be fun to see how it cleans up and the detail...wonder what kind of tables it setup over the years! If spoons could talk...!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Debbykay @ Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad YOU found another peacock!!! It just wouldn't mean as much to anyone else!

    ReplyDelete