Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Raspberry Jam

My sister has an overabundance of raspberry bushes. I've picked several buckets full this summer, and made a few pies.
And now I've made some quick and easy raspberry jam.
Since I was making a fairly small batch, I am not canning. I assumed it would all be consumed within a day or two (it was).
I added sugar (approximately 1/4 cup) to the raspberries in a pot, and put on medium-high heat.
Stir occasionally and cook until the berries have broken down and become syrupy. Add the zest of one lemon. And it's done!
You can serve it while hot, or keep in the fridge (for a few days).
I found this adorable antique crystal jelly jar with spoon at an estate sale. Perfect to serve jam for breakfast or a snack!
Serve with biscuits, on toast, over ice cream, on sandwiches...

I'm participating in All The Small Stuff's Tuesday at the Table, make sure to stop by to see all of the other Tuesday at the Table's!

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing with TATT. :-)

    ReplyDelete