Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Dessert Buffet

I set up this dessert buffet for a recent Holiday dinner party. I wanted to use some of my favorite vintage serving pieces to highlight the goods.
A red glass spooner holds the pastry forks. Another pressed glass spooner holds the candy canes.
Glass pedestal cake plates hold the chocolate hazelnut mini cakes, and the Christmas cookies.
Since the cakes are covered in ganache, they are a little messy. I sat each one on a tiny plate to make it easier to pick up.
These are the little plates. They are marked, Made in Occupied Japan, probably part of a saucer set, but I only have the plates - perfect for this dessert since they are so small.
I topped the cakes with a hazelnut dipped in caramelized sugar, then hung upside down to form the sugar streams.
Two small pressed glass dishes hold a variety of candy, and in the back battery operated candles give a little extra light.

Linked up to Show and Tell Friday, hosted by My Romantic Home.

8 comments:

  1. You little dessert buffet is so pretty. I love old spooners and am in the market for a few myself. Gotta get out the the Antique markets nearby. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHH Delicious!!! And your plates are so elegant. I have small gold plates also and you are right, they are perfect for dessert.
    ~Debra
    Capers of the Vintage Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and a great idea the little plates under each dessert! Not sure how I would know a 'spooner' if I saw one...looks like a cup to me? Oh well, google here I come. I do love the look of the whole buffet...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!! Those little plates look almost as yummy as the dessert! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful! I love those plates! I have a cake plate that is really similar to your large one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yum! I'm swooning with happy sighs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vintage dishware and the goodies look yummy@@
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of it looks yummy even the dishes.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete