Friday, July 17, 2009

Raspberry Picking and Pies

I'm participating in Foodie Friday for the first time!
My sister has some raspberry plants that have gone crazy and produce tons of berries. I stopped by to pick some and promised to make her a pie.
They grow more berries each year.

To make the pie, I added sugar and flower to the berries.
Roll out the dough (I had some frozen dough, extra from a previous batch).
These are some ceramic mini pie pans that I found at a thrift store. Make sure whatever pan used can be put in the oven.
Work the dough into the pan, fill with berry mixture.
Top with dough. Crimp the edges. Brush with milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
Don't forget to put slits in the top, let the steam escape. Bake.
And enjoy. Serve with an antique pie server (optional).

Check out Designs by Gollum for other Foodie Friday's.

2 comments: