Thursday, July 16, 2009

Condiment Caddy - Redux

A while back, on one of my favorite blogs, EddieRoss.com, I was intrigued by a decanter caddy that he found while yard saling. One of the decanters was missing, so he found some spooner glasses that fit, and then used it in a flower arrangement. Fabulous - he is a genius.
Since then, I have been on the lookout for a decanter or condiment caddy. I see them often at estate sales and antique stores, but they are usually upwards of $100. Out of my budget. I did finally come across a pretty pressed glass condiment caddy - missing the condiment containers - for under $10 at an estate sale.
Next, I tried to find the perfect fitting glasses. It took me three tries to find the perfect ones. On my first try, I found some very small aperitif glasses. They worked, however they were an awkward fit, and too small.
After that, I tried a pair of tall shot glasses. They worked too - but not perfect, again awkward fit.
And last, I found some retro cocktail glasses, from the 50's. They are very pretty with delicate leave etching.
They had a rounded base, and the top opened wide. Will be perfect to serve condiments, maybe ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce and relish at a bbq?

And perfect for flowers too.
Hydrangea are blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment