Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Finds...

More estate sales and garage sales this past weekend. Here is what I brought home...
1934 Cigar box with cool horse graphics.

A handful of postcards. They date from 1903 - 1919. I love reading the old notes.

Closeup of the bird postcard.

This is a really unusual cake shovel. It has a pretty design on the blade, I think the handle is Bakelite and Lucite.

A ferris wheel earring holder. The crossbars on wheel all have holes in them to hang earrings from. I've never seen anything like it before.
Behind that is a great old frame - I like the photo, but I have an old family photo to put in it.

A German weather house. It has a thermometer on it, and it can tell you if it is going to rain.
The man, with his umbrella, comes out for rain, and the women comes out on clear days. As you can see, there was rain the day I took this picture. It works.

I think this is my favorite find from the weekend. It is a collapsible aluminum cup.
It has a cameo on the lid.

Linked up to Thrifty Treasures hosted by Southern Hospitality.

9 comments:

  1. You found some very cool items this weekend. I love that collapsible cup also. I think my favorite is the frame and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the same German weather house with thermometer at a local Goodwill and now I know what it's called! Beautiful treasures you uncovered this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Love all those postcards!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great items. I love the weather house. I have the one that belonged to my grandmother. I love the postcards too. I buy them whenever I can find them. I like reading them too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! I love those post cards... especially the Christmas ones. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stuff! I love "garage sailing."

    Chris.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some really great stuff! I love the little weather house! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had one of those ferris wheel earring holders on my dresser when I was a kid in the 70s. I don't remember if it was given to me new or if it had been my Mom's...wow does that bring back memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had one of those Ferris wheel earring holders too...mine was pink. I don't know what happened to it, and I sure would love to find one again.

    ReplyDelete