Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thrifting Finds, birds, brides, cats, and tongs!

This week I found a vintage ceramic boy groom and girl bride (he is holding a ring). It looks like they were handmade by someone, probably in the 60s. I'm not sure what they would have been used for, decoration at a wedding, I suppose. I thought they were too unique to pass by.
1970 bird book with beautiful pictures.
They book is in very good shape. Lots of good color and full page pictures.
This will be put away until next Halloween - it's a candle holder. A candle sits inside the little cat and it placed in the back of the pumpkin, and another candle can be placed on the top.
A pair of sugar tongs with claw handles.

Linked up to Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville!

4 comments:

  1. I love those sugar tongs...can never seem to come across unique things like that! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. You found some fantastic buys this week! The bride and groom are adorable. The Halloween candle holder is really cute but I just ♥ the little sugar tongs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful treasures you found!I am going to check out your etsy shop
    Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, and as always thank you for being a friend in Bloggeritaville.
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete