Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend Thrifting

Even with the holiday weekend, there were a few estate sales and tons of garage sales. This is what came home with me.

1963 children's book The Pied Piper. It has great graphics, I love the old illustrations, and it was only a quarter!

Great little silver creamer. It sits on the window sill by the kitchen sink and holds a sprig of fresh herbs from the garden - such as mint.

Interesting mini pastry server.

A group of clowns - 3 pewter, 2 ceramic. The whole lot was $0.15. A friend of mine collects clowns (why, you might ask? I have no idea - they creep me out!)

And a very old picture frame with an even older picture inside.

Linked up to Thrifty Treasures, hosted by Southern Hospitality.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of great things you found. THanks for linking up to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds! Clowns creep me out also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great finds! Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that serving piece!!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete