Monday, May 17, 2010

Very Old Finds

I stopped by several estate sales, garage sales, and even a flea market this past weekend. I came back with some very old finds.
This is an old Christian Songbook.
It is from 1893.

A cameo scarf clip. It has the hinged ring back that would clip onto a scarf or dress.

A pair of binoculars from the late 1800's. They came with their leather case. They are very shabby, falling apart. I got them more for decor than for use. They would look great sitting on a bookcase.
They are made by Lemaire Fabi, Paris.

A stack of cute children's books.

And a little wooden box. It says My Diary on the front, and Ladysmith Wis on the side.

Linked up to Thrifty Treasures hosted by Southern Hospitality.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds! Love the books and those binoculars are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I especially like the the old Christian Songbook and cameo.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you found but especially the binoculars! Old books call out to me and I love the old, faded colors of of their covers.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! The cameo and the binoculars are my favorites. I think those binoculars are going to add wonderful character to a vignette. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete