Friday, February 26, 2010

Toothpick holders

Toothpick holders have become another accidental collection of mine. I hadn't meant to collect them, but here they are. Above are a couple of old pressed glass holders.
I think this one is a witch.
Another amber one, with a handle. This may have been meant to be an ashtray, it has a very interesting shape. Or maybe a salt or sugar cellar.
This one is my favorite, the bird and cup are sitting on a wishbone. I think it is from the late 1800's. I got it recently to put in my Etsy shop. But I like it so much I haven't been able to part with it yet (this happens a lot).

Linked up to Show and Tell Friday, hosted by My Romantic Home.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love them all but the little bird on the wishbone is wonderful. Let me know if you do decide to sell it on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird holder in particular but they are all SWEET! Thanks for sharing and be sure to come visit! Happy Show and Tell Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a witch...i have about 25 of them. the amber one is a coal scuttle. it had a bucket with it originally. it's a creamer and the bucket is for sugar. i had the set in green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv the witch and the baby chick. Ive never seen the witch before. Thanks for shareing.. Julian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold colored one in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. What a cute idea......Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your term "accidental collection"...very fitting for me as a continue to accumulate multiple "accidental collections'. Mine seem to start when I see something on a blog or in a magazine...the next thing I know I have started my own collection...I'll probably have a toothpick holder collection before I know it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete