Wednesday, January 26, 2011

White Bed Frame

I haven't done any Before and After furniture projects lately. Unfortunately I only have the "after" on this one.
This bed frame was a street find.
An ugly street find. Even though the frame is wood, it looked like plastic, with a faded yellow speckled paint job. And the fabric was an even uglier 1980's mauve satin. I really with I had a before photo.
The frame received a flat white paint job.
I found this silvery/gray velvet upholstery fabric as a remnant, for only $1. There was barely enough to work with, but I was able to make it fit.
After replacing the foam, I stapled the new fabric to the frame, then used white fabric trim to cover up the staples. And there you have it, a new bed frame.

Linked up to White Wednesday, hosted by Faded Charm.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks awesome. Nice job on the fix up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! could you show more step by steps in the future because i need the help!!! i am not too good at redos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Great job!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! I love the white wood with the soft gray fabric. Perfect combination. It's so fun to transform something nobody wants into something beautiful. Nice job!
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a beautiful designer piece. You did a wonderful job. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there- this looks beautiful~ what a great find and redo! Following you along~ nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shape of your new head board! Even better that it was a curb find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so chic! I just love it.:o)
    Great transformation.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete