Friday, July 8, 2011

Jewelry Chest Makeover

For some time, I had been looking for a jewelry chest -cheap - that could hold my silver collections.

I finally found this one a few weeks ago at an estate sale.

I painted it gray - Almost Charcoal, by Valspar.

Then distressed it with sandpaper.

And finished it with dark wax. 
 Now I have the perfect place for my silver cocktail pieces, strawberry and lemon forks, fruit spoons and bonbon scoops.

 The drawer with the smallest spots holds salt spoons and napkin rings.

 I have a lot of napkin rings.

I'm not really sure what type of jewelry goes in this drawer, but it works for long cocktail forks and fish knives.

And the last large drawer works for larger serving pieces.

Linked up to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday.
and
Gypsy Fish's Silver Sunday.


8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous and what a great use!! Love the color!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great color and I like how you distressed it. Love your silver collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful - love the color and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! the long drawer is probably for bangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful job you did on that piece! And it looks like you've got plenty pieces to fill it! My guess is that drawer is for rings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and the color you choose is perfect! Ya, I think that drawer is for rings as well.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing collection of napkin rings....I also am so in love with the finish on your cabinet...just beautiful!
    hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is beautiful love the color, the finish, the piece and the goodies inside!!! wonderful job

    ReplyDelete