Friday, December 31, 2010

Best of 2010 Finds

During 2010 I went to many estate sales, garage sales, thrift shops, antique shops, and flea markets. I found a lot of great things, here is a brief recap of some of my favorite finds of 2010.

Silver, silver and more silver. My number one thing to look for.

I found lots of great flatware, bowls, serving pieces.

Some of it I kept, some ended up on my Etsy Shop, some were given as gifts.

I love to look for old books.
And I do judge them by their covers, I always look for great graphics, both on the cover and inside.
I found many children's books, home decor books and some of the classics.

Unusual outdoor/garden items are another thing I keep my eyes open for. Like this wood cutout girl, and a wagon to hold flowers.

An old rusted bird bell and an elephant bird house are a few of the things that decorated the garden this year.

Old group photos. After seeing a story in Country Living I wanted to display the ones I already had, and add a few more.

Both of these are Victorian era school photos. Both found at estate sales.


Some old cabinet photos, too.

And I added to my collection of old candy tins, I particularly like the art nouveau style tins.

Looking forward to the amazing finds that 2011 will bring!
I hope everyone has a lovely New Year's.

Linked up to Junkin' Finds Friday, hosted by Linda @ A La Carte.

8 comments:

  1. Love all your finds! I have shown my top 10 Junkin Finds at my blog party! Hope you will come and join in! I love your silver the best! Happy New Year and more junk in 2011~ hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE everything here... I'm a fanatic for old books, I LOVE everything about them. The blue fairy book is FANTASTIC, WOW look at that witch!!!
    I also LOVE,LOVE,LOVE those old candy tins! Your post made me REALLY SMILE!!! thank you for sharing...Happy New Year to you and yours, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!!! You have a great eye, and flair for finding such amazing "stuff. I know in 2011 you will be making us drool over more terrific finds. Blessings to you and yours, and wishing you a safe, healthy and peaceful New Year. Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finds! Love all these wonderful, vintage treasures.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have a flair for finding Vintage Treasures. In 2011, I'm going to be looking for vintage flatware....I see you have some in your Etsy Shop...I'll take a look there. Hope your New Year is a Happy One....Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your vintage silver! I'm just starting to appreciate silver thanks to blogging. After seeing your silver, now I have something else to look for when I'm out junking.
    Happy New Year!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silver is gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of lovely things, I especially like your "Dumbo" bird house, it's just so cute.

    ReplyDelete