Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recent Unusual Finds

I've found a few really unusual items recently, or at least unusual to me. Above is a vintage pewter gun shaped monogrammed mug. I guess it was probably some sort of souvenir, or maybe a gift to someone who loved guns and drinking.
It is monogrammed on both sides, which is also unique.
I love napkin rings, and have a collection of silver monogrammed, but these are the first wood monogrammed napkin rings I have come across.
And this is a Texas Longhorn boot jack, though I did not know that when I purchased it. I thought it was a door stop.
It is used by stepping on the flat part, and placing the heel of your boot in between the horns to lift the boot off. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting and unique finds! I love the wood napkin rings with the monograms. Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that boot jack!!! I wore cowboy boots to school yesterday for a homecoming theme day, and I could have USED a boot jack to get them off last evening!!!!

    I got a real "bang" out of the gun mug too. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete