Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween Inspired Cupcakes

Who doesn't love a cupcake? I made some halloween themed cupcakes.
Chocolate cake with a boiled white fluffy frosting (I'll post the frosting recipe later).
I used a lot of frosting, and smoothed the tops to a flat plateau.
For the cats and owls I used a small cookie cutter, pressed lightly into the frosting.
And sprinkled black sugar on the outside of the cutter and sides.
Small store bought eyes to complete.
I used black cookie icing for the spider webs.
Dragged a toothpick through the circles to get a spiderweb effect.

They were delicious.

Linked up to The DIY Show Off's Fall Festival.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how festive for Holloween, They are to darling and scary to eat. but i would give it a good try if they were before me...LOL No really they are very kool looking, and tasty too.
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having kids Halloween party and will be doing cupcakes. I like the spiderweb one. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I am IMPRESSED with these!!!! They look so fun and delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish our screens were scratch and sniff or reach in and bite! Those look amazing and I bet they taste incredible...
    Great blog, I'm gonna follow :o)
    peace, cindy
    (ps...I'm having a giveaway, feel free to stop by)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcakes look awesome! I love each design and the black/white. YUMMY! Great job!

    Thanks for adding your deliciousness to the Fall Festival! ;)

    I'm new to your blog so it's nice to "meet" you too!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Halloween decoration including the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete