Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Outdoor London, Jersey, St Malo and Paris!

I'm back from my trip! It was fantastic. I wanted to share a few pics of each city for Outdoor Wednesday. I first went to London, then flew to the island of Jersey (just off the coast of France), took a ferry to St Malo, France, and then a train to Paris. It was quite the whirlwind, but I loved seeing each amazing city. Here's a quick roundup of pictures.
LONDON
The Tower Bridge.
The London Eye. It was dark and ominous looking for most of my stay in London, however it never rained.
Parliament

JERSEY, UK
Jersey is a beautiful small island. Many UK residents come here for vacation, there are many beaches and great shopping. The weather was beautiful, but a bit too chilly for the beach. The above shot is on the pier looking back to the village of St Helier.
The beautiful Elizabeth Castle, only accessible at low tide in good weather. It is often closed when winds are too severe.
A beautiful tree sculpture at the base of the pier, overlooking the bay at sunset.

ST MALO, FRANCE
Unfortunately I did not spend any time in St Malo. I only passed through briefly after taking a ferry from Jersey to catch a train to Paris. I wish I had a some spare time, it was a beautiful city. This is the view from the ferry, it is the walled section of the city. Much of the original wall was destroyed during the war in the 40's, but has since been restored.
I hope to get back there someday to explore.

PARIS
And Paris. Paris was stunning. Seeing everything in person was breathtaking. The Eiffel Tower was much larger than I had imagined.
This is a view of the city from the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was a bit scary up there.
Notre Dame was beautiful.
As was the Louvre.
And all of the sidewalk cafes provided delicious espresso's and great people watching. This cafe was my view from my hotel room.

Come back to see more pictures of my trip, including shopping at the Paris flea market and Portobello Market in London.

Linked up to A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. the eiffel tower was a bit scary? you are braver than i! i made it to the second level and in my worst french tearfully asked a guard where the stairs were. i only barely made it to thetop of the arch d'triumph! bok bok bok bok bok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, for me, the Elizabeth Castle would be the best point of interest.

    Great photos.

    My Wednesday meme photo is now posted. Come on over......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a wonderful trip. I am looking forward to more photo's
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be outdoors in your Paris photos... if only I could jump into them... le sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your tour. Your photos were terrific and I want to thank you for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful vacation! Fantastic photos! I love the tree sculpture. Thank you for the tour of London, Jersey, St. Malo and Paris! I am looking forward to seeing the rest pictures!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete