Friday, August 21, 2009

Rummage Sales are the best

I went to a church rummage sale this week. It was great.
I had recently been very disappointed with thrift, garage and estate sales in my area. The prices seem to be much higher here than in other areas. I'm using Monday's Thrifty Treasures hosted by Southern Hospitality as a comparison.
I love seeing what everyone else finds, but I get a bit jealous that people are able to get such great deals.
But this rummage sale has lifted my spirits and reinvigorated my thrift hunt enthusiasm.
The prices were decent and most of the merchandise was good quality (of course there was junk too - but lots of good stuff!)
These are just a few things I got, a pretty silver pierced tray, silver salad tongs (never used), Lunch at the Yellow Daisy cookbook, and a master butter knife.With a R Monogram.

I will have a longer roundup of rummage and estate sales on Sunday or Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment